What did you see in St. Petersburg?
– We wanted to do a cultural trip, to see ballet, theatre and exhibitions. And of course eat well and take walks in the beautiful city.
Did something funny, strange or interesting happen on your trip?
– There are so many such small stories that it’s difficult to choose which one to tell!
– It was challenging to find entrances everywhere; it’s like you’re never supposed to use the front door, but always need to find some unnoticeable door around the corner.
– When we (finally) found our way into the Russian Museum, the person selling the tickets didn’t seem to want to sell us any tickets, but instead kept demanding to know how old we are. We we’re confused and thought there was a problem. But hearing that we’re 60, he gave us tickets for free! We didn’t understand why, we think he was trying to explain that it was a special day.
What’s your tip to others vising St. Petersburg?
– We found a really nice small jazz bar close to the Blood Church. They have a different band playing every night – really good bands! – and the atmosphere is cozy with people dancing.
– We even chatted with a drummer, who could name Finnish jazz players when he heard that we are from Finland.
(Jazz-bar DOM 7, Nab. Kanala Griboedova 7)